This position is creative yet rigorous by nature; you must enjoy hard but rewarding work. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" attitude. To be successful, you will have solid solving problem skills and perseverance.
As a Baker at Sunflower Bake Shop, you will:
Work independently and as part of a small team to bake early each morning, following carefully crafted recipes.
Be responsible for reading production schedules and recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, molding and shaping dough, and processing everything through the ovens.
Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean and contribute to a great customer experience.
- Continuous standing/walking for all tasks.
- Frequent turning and reaching. Occasional pushing, pulling, and some forward bending.
- Constant use of both hands, frequent wrist rotation and flexing, and occasional forceful gripping.
- Understanding of health and safety procedures
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 22 kg.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a bakery and/or completed a baking program
- Passion for baking
- Highly creative and autonomous
- Highly organized and able to manage orders and inventory.
- Valid work permit for Ontario, Canada
What we're looking for:
- 3+ Years Experience in bakeries, specifically making cakes etc.
- This is a “Daytime” position from Tuesday to Saturday
- A positive attitude and good organizational skills
- People who take pride in a job well done
- Demonstrated commitment to the bakery’s success and your development
- Helping in all Bakery Roles
- Must have the creative ability to come up with new ideas
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of their work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company. We strongly value teamwork and a friendly environment; having each other's back is essential. When in the weeds, we all pitch in.
Store Discounts: 50% Bread, 30% Beverages, 10% Everything else.
12 Food Handlers, WHMIS, Sunflower Bake Shop Specifics, and more.
$17 to $25 per hour.
Eat & Drink
Tea, Coffee, and One free meal per shift.