Work With Us.
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team! If you have a passion for food or customer service, feel free to apply below using the form and upload your resume or portfolio.
We make all of our own food in house and bake it fresh each day at the Sunflower Bake Shop. We're always looking to build a great team, though we we may not have the perfect position open, we encourage you to submit your resume. Tell us about yourself and when a position opens that is the right fit we will contact you first. Working at the sunflower is challenging but rewarding. Those applying should be interested in learning, developing their skills, and advancing within a growing company. The suitable candidate will need to learn our ways and execute them in an efficient and diligent manner, able to operate by themselves and of course show creativity. At Sunflower Bake Shop we are focused on providing quality service and a sense of achievement in their work. We deliver great food, warmth, happiness, smiles, and exceptional customer service one treat and savoury at a time.
Things to consider
Don’t worry Sunflower is dedicated to teaching you our fun techniques to make you the best!
- Food Service experience required.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages, food products, cash handling, store safety and security.
- Ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the bakery during each shift.
- Authorized to work in Canada.
- Food Handler Certificate/Card ( Must have within 30 days of hire ).
- Ability to smile, kneel, reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and lift 25/50 Kg/Lbs.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Fast-Paced, High-Intensity Work Environment.
- Operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, bread slicer, meat slicer, coffee machine, duchess, soup kettles and chef’s knives, and other equipment.
- The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, and noise.
- Involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
To be a successful Team Member
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great professional relationships with Coworkers and Managers.
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor, and passion for great customer service.
- Be able to work quickly, learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
We are looking for:
- Who is dedicated in creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Who can be themselves, sincere, genuine, kind, fun and humble.
- Who is willing to always learn and grow within the company.
Depending on experience.
50% off Soft Drinks, 50% off all breads, 10% off everything else.
Free cake on birthday.
Eat & Drink
One free meal during shift, free coffee, tea, or iced tea.